Helping Create a More Sustainable World,
One Piece at a Time
TimberTech has a strong commitment to the people of our organization and the community in which we reside. We focus our efforts on sustainability through clean manufacturing, product development, and community involvement.
Minimize waste in all facets of our business
- 99.8% of waste material created during the manufacturing process is reclaimed.
- 332 tons of material is recycled annually; this is the equivalent of 161 average households’ annual trash.
- TimberTech has reduced trash sent to landfills by 90%.
Minimize energy consumption, while striving to convert energy used into renewable sources
- Shipping products by rail saves 120,000 gallons of fuel per year, which is the equivalent of taking 206 passenger cars off the road annually.
- Since 2009, TimberTech has reduced electrical consumption by 2,300,000 KWH per year. This could power 164 households for an entire year.
Reduce our impact on local water supplies through responsible use and disposal
- TimberTech saves 160,000 gallons of water each day in our manufacturing process by using a closed looped water system, which is equivalent to providing a day’s water for 2,021 average households.
- We strive to incorporate as many sustainable materials and processes into the products we manufacture without sacrificing quality.
- TimberTech decking and railing is manufactured with an average of 73% recycled content*.
- TimberTech uses 107 million pounds of post industrial wood fl our and post consumer plastic annually to make TimberTech products.
- All TimberTech products are urea formaldehyde-free.
- Our product cartons are made with 43% recycled material fi bers, which meet SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) sourcing requirements and are 100% recyclable.
- TimberTech is a participating member of the International Code Council, U.S. Green Building Council, ASTM International and the Composite Lumber Manufacturers Association.
- Our goal is to be a leader in the local community on sustainable practices, charitable contributions, and involvement.
- TimberTech supports the local community by contributing both time and money to charitable organizations. We strive to be a leader in charitable and community involvement and currently donate to over 30 charitable organizations annually.
- TimberTech is also the recipient of the United Way Community Visionary Award and is the #1 contributor to the United Way in Clinton County, OH.
- Currently, TimberTech has 12 employees actively serving as board members with local charitable organizations.
*Based on the ISO 1400 Standards